I recently discovered Mineral Hygienics makeup, and was given the opportunity to try out a starter kit. Mineral Hygienics offers 100% natural mineral makeup. The tan starter kit included four foundation shades, a mineral enhancer in Warm Kiss, a mineral finishing powder in Sheer Perfection Silk Translucent, and a Kabuki XL brush. Take a look:
Benefits of using this product:
(courtesy of mineralhygienics.com)
- Perfect for all ages and skin types
- Provides complete coverage that feels as light as air
- Gives skin a natural luminosity that lasts all day long
- Deflects light to minimize the appearance of fine lines, large pores, and other imperfections
- Non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic – so it won’t clog pores or create acne lesions, thus allowing for a flawlessly smooth complexion
- Recommended by physicians, estheticians, and dermatologists
- Chemical-free SPF sun protection – zinc oxide and titanium dioxide offer natural, broad-spectrum sun protection effectively blocking harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Helps protect skin from oxidative stress
- Offers adjustable coverage, so it’s easy to use as much or little as you want – it never looks “cakey”
- Natural anti-inflammatory properties help to heal, calm, and reduce redness in rosacea and acne-prone skin types
- Zinc oxide soothes and calms irritations and redness from rosacea and sensitive skin
- Used extensively for post-operative application (whereas other make-up provides inferior coverage and may cause harmful damage to sensitive post-surgery skin)
- Designated cancer patient safe (always check with your physician first if you are undergoing any cancer treatments)
Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxide, May contain: Mica
Choose your starter kit according to your skin tone. I chose the starter kit tan since I occasionally indoor tan and self tan a lot. The tan kit includes four shades:
1. light tan
2. medium tan
3. dark tan
4. dark golden tan
My favorite foundation shade from the starter kit was the medium tan. I feel like it matched me perfectly!!
The mineral enhancer/bronzer for the tan kit is Warm Kiss. Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Mica. It adds a glowy warmth to the face. You can use it as a bronzer, blush, or to contour.
Sheer Perfection comes in two shades: Matte and Silk Translucent. I received silk translucent which gives a dewy finish to my face. Ingredients: Mica, Silica, Rice Powder, Magnesium Stearate, Iron Oxides. This gives an airbrushed look to my face, which I love!! I use this as my final step and I'm amazed at how long my make up lasts.
REVIEW: This was my first time trying a mineral makeup so I was very excited for the opportunity. I have always been hesitant on trying mineral makeup. I indoor tan occasionally and self tan a lot so finding the perfect foundation has been hard for me. I was very pleased with the kit and found that medium tan fit me very well. I love how it looks and feels on my face. It's very light and I will definitely wear it on days when I want to go light. Try it out for yourself and if you don't like it, they offer a 45 day money back guarantee!!
- 45 day money back guarantee
- easy to apply
- great staying power
- a little goes a long way
- no cakey look
- may cause your skin to breakout(it did with my skin at first)
- pricey if you are on a budget
- light to medium coverage(I prefer full)
RETAIL: $59.99 for a starter kit and can be purchased here. Use code brandypate10 for 10%. Expires 04/20/2012
Have you tried Mineral Hygienics??
Disclaimer: I was sent these products for consideration to review. I am in no way affiliated with Mineral Hygienics, nor am I being compensated for this review. As always, these are my honest opinions.